REPUBLIC OF SOUTH SUDAN, JUBA
United States of Equatoria in the Republic of South Sudan
04 July 2017
Subiect: Response to the ultimatum by Bor Community Youth Association
Referenced to the Bor Community Youth Association (BCYA) letter dated 28/6/2017 addressed to international NGOs, UN Agencies and CBOs and threatening all Equatorians working in Bor to be evacuated within 72 hours;
Noting the last warning by the BCYA dated 03/07/2017 again addressed to international NGOs, UN Agencies and CBOs to the same people;
Taking into consideration the ongoing genocide against Equatorians and other minority tribes in South Sudan including but not limited to Nuer, Murie and ethnic groups of Western Bhar el Ghazal region, we conclude that the threats and last warning by BCYA against Equatorians is an indication of ongoing genocide planned by the Jienge Council of Elders (JCE) through Salva Kiir’s regime but executed by BCYA. This is a continuation of genocide with the recent one carried out by BCYA against the Murie; and
Therefore release this response after serious and wider consultation among Equatorians in Government controlled areas, In Opposition controlled areas and in Diaspora and with friends of Equatoria and resolved as follows:
1. We highly welcomed the unfortunate decision taken by BCYA against all Equatorians working and serving in Jonglei State;
2. But we acknowledge the unfortunate decision taken by BCYA against Equatorians as a declaration of war against Equatorians and aggression to Equatoria and their friends; SL
3. Based on the threats and last warning given by BCYA against Equatorians in Jonglei State, we urgently urge all international NGO, s UN Agencies and CBOs to protect, repatriate or
evacuate all Equatorians working in their organizations to Equatoria Region immediately within 72 hours;
4. We further urge all Equatorians serving in the army, police, prison, wild life, business community and in any government institu tions to leave Jonglei immediately;
5. All Equatoria ladies married to Jonglei men must abandon their husbands and leave the children with them in Jonglei because they are part of the BCYA;
6. We urge UNMISS to g ive protection to all Equatorians in Jonglei and repatriate them immediately to Equatoria land;
7. We reciprocate that all Dinka Bor internally displaced people and their livestock living in Yambio, Maridi, Yei, Nimule, Kapoeta, Torit, Juba and within any territory in Equatoria must also leave Equatoria Region within seventy two (72) hours with effect from today;
8. We urgently call the National Government to exhum the body of late John Garang and other bodies of Dinka people buried in Eq ua toria . Milton Obote died and was buried in Lira District not Kampala, Nelson Mandela died was buried in Kunu and was neither Johannesburg nor Pretoria. Therefore John Garang Must go.
9. Finally, we urge all Equatorians in the SPLA in Government, SPLA in Opposition, armed forces (police, prison, wildlife and fire brigade), and all the other armed groups in the bushes of Equatoria to resign and become more united into one front and be in maximum security and military alert to prevent the ongoing genocide by JCE through the Kiir’s regime and BCY A against the Equatorians.
May God bless the people of South Sudan, May God bless Equatoirans and their love ones in Jonglei facing genocide.
Editor’s Note: The views expressed in the “Press Releases Page” are solely the opinions of the writers. The veracity of any claims made are the responsibility of the author’s and are not necessarily endorsed by The Malakal Post. The Malakal Post, reserves the right to edit press statement before publication. If you would like to submit an opinion article or analysis, please email your article at: email@example.com